Cheque Bounce Case Lawyer in Andheri, Mumbai

Lexwork is best law firm and providing legal advice for Cheque Bounce Cases in Mumbai. We observe the highest level of professional ethics with an excellent, responsive and timely legal service to our clients. Our motto has always been timely service, best quality and optimum cost. We provide pragmatic, solution-oriented and technically feasible advice to our clients.

Cases of Cheque Bounce Cases in Andheri are not uncommon these days. In most of the transactions be it re-payment of loan or payment of fees for commercial enterprise purpose, payments are made by cheque. Those cheques bearing large amounts sometimes remain unpaid and are come back by the bank on which they are drawn. For such cases consult the Best Cheque Bounce Cases Lawyer in Mumbai. Cheque bounce that comes below Section 138 Negotiable Instruments Act, which is not precisely criminal offence but it is termed as quasi-civil case and it is filed at Magistrate Court, immaterial to the amount mentioned in the cheque. In case of cheque bounce, you would need a banking lawyer to serve the legal notice to the other party. Lexwork is a one stop solution to your problem.

Lexwork has been active and handling cases severally with a result oriented approach, each skilled and ethically has currently non heritable wonderful professional expertise in providing legal practice and advisory services. Cheque Bounce Case Lawyer in Andheri East, Mumbai provides services in numerous fields of arbitration matters, tribunal matters, recovery matters, property matters and drafting and vetting of assorted agreements and documents.

Process of cheque bounces case:-

  • If a cheque is bounced, a notice should to be sent to the opposite party within thirty days from the date of memo related to the bounced cheque which is received from the Bank.
  • The demand notice by the holder of the cheque should claim the amount for that the cheque has been bounced, providing fifteen days to pay the claimed amount.
  • The opposite party has fifteen days from the receipt of the notice to settle the matter and no reason for action arises until the termination of these fifteen days or if the amount is paid within the specified period.
  • After the completion of said 15 days, if the opposite party doesn’t settle the matter or ignores the demand notice, then the holder of the cheque may file a criminal complaint before the appropriate court within 30 days from the date of the termination of said 15 days.
  • The Complainant has to file within the jurisdiction of the court where he has his home branch of his bank.
  • If the said case is filed after the expiry of mandatory 30 days period, than in that case the complainant has to file condonation of delay before the Hon’ble Court and the delay can be ignored by the court on furnishing proper reason with evidence attach to it. It may be condoned without cost or with cost also.
  • Once the case is admitted by the Hon’ble Court than the complainant has to file verification U/s 200 of Cr. P.C and if the court is satisfied with verification of the complainant than the court may issue process against the opposite party/accused.
  • Once the summons is sent to the accused than he shall appear before the Hon’ble Court and may seek bail from the Court and plea may be recorded on the same day or on the next date.
  • If the accused remains absent in the next date than in that case the complainant can apply for issuance of the warrant against accused and Hon’ble Court may issue warrant against the accused if it is satisfied that the service of the summons was properly served on the last known address of the accused and the service is proper in the eyes of law.
  • If the Hon’ble Court is not satisfied with the service of the summons to the accused than in that case he may direct the complainant to apply for fresh issuance of summons on the old address through concerned police station or to the new address, if available by the complainant.
  • Once the plea is recorded than the complainant has to file affidavit of evidence in the next date and the document may be exhibited on the same day or the court may exhibit it on the next date.
  • The court may than allow the accused or his lawyer to cross examine the complainant and once the cross is finished than the accused statement is recorded under section 313.
  • Than the matter is kept for argument and order is passed on the same date or the next date.

How do you fight a cheque bounce case?

In cheque bounce case, the complainant has to first send demand notice to the opposite party or parties with the help of lawyer dealing in cheque bounce cases within 15 days from the date of receiving the memo from the bank and the opposite party has fifteen days from the receipt of the notice to settle the matter and if there is no response from the opponent than in that case, the complainant can go ahead and file cheque bounce case in the Magistrate or District Court within the jurisdiction where the home branch of the complainant’s bank is located. Incase if you are accused in the cheque bounce case and if you have received the summons from the court to attend the court hearing than in that case , the person has to appear before the court and should be ready to conduct the trial to prove his innocence. Since Cheque bounce case is a technical matter , it is always advisable to hire specialist lawyer for the defend your case.

What are the documents required for cheque bounce case?

The documents required for the cheque bounce case is the disputed or the bounced cheque , bank memo pertaining to the same disputed cheque in question, Agreement between the complainant and the accused , if any, invoice copy if the complainant is a manufacturer or trader of any products, Notice copy sent by the lawyer during the issuance of notice to the accused, Original Copy of Postal Receipt, Postal Tracking Report through official website of Postal Authority of India, Acknowledgement Card of the Postal Authority of India, exchange of email trailer with the complainant and the accused, copy of the reply of the accused incase the accused has send any reply to the demand notice by the complainant.